With so many means to market your firm, it is easy to get off track by wanting to do it all. Developing a marketing plan, reviewing it, and making changes are vital to the success of your firm.
Advisors have more marketing strategies to use and take advantage of than ever before, but lack of time and knowledge to hone in on every opportunity. Hiring a marketing consultant, a marketing manager or outsourcing marketing will have a fundamental impact on the bottom line of your firm.
Always start with the end in mind by defining what you want to accomplish. This declaration can be applied to almost everything you do in life and is most definitely applicable to your marketing plan. Once you have determined your desired outcome, focus on the core of your marketing plan and what tactics you will use to reach your goals.
Today’s elite advisors know that introductions, strategic networking, referrals, and intimate client events typically produce the best results in bringing new business to a firm. These marketing tactics should be at the core of your plan. Structuring your marketing plan around these tactics and developing strategies to reach your goals will provide you with a solid foundation. Decide how you will carry out each of the above core marketing tactics and include a process to define strategies for each.
- Introductions– Ask your clients for introductions to their friends that can benefit from your services. If you haven’t started using social media in your firm, this is a great starting point. Use LinkedIn and other social media channels to see who your existing clients know and who you would like to meet.
- Strategic Networking– Develop a networking plan by writing a process that you will follow. Research potential alliances to ensure that you are networking with the appropriate partners and continue to review and broaden your opportunities.
- Referrals– Have a formal referral plan in place and focus on providing first class service to your clients that establishes trust and loyalty. By doing so, your clients will refer you to their family, friends and co-workers automatically.
- Intimate Client Events– Plan several events throughout the year and encourage your clients to invite friends. Keep the event fun and personal.
Build your marketing plan around your core elements. From there, you can branch out into other marketing avenues to test the water or begin a pilot program. Trial and error will allow you to perfect your plan, therefore it is imperative that you implement changes as often as needed. Evaluate your existing plan and track the results to be certain that your focus is placed in the core marketing areas that will generate the best results.
Optimize your efforts within each avenue and lead your firm down the path of obtaining your goals.
Ironstone can assist you in developing core marketing tactics for your firm and the strategies to carry out and seize each opportunity. We will collaborate with you to gain a comprehensive understanding of your goals and review or design a marketing plan that is tailored to your firm.
Contact Ironstone for more information and additional strategies that will assist you in starting and improving your Marketing Plan. We want to hear from you! Share your best marketing ideas with us!
Follow us as we explore each of Ironstone’s Fundamental 4™!
• Strategic Planning
• Business Development
• Operational Effectiveness
• The Human Element
You won’t want to miss our next in the series: Operational Effectiveness-Staff Meetings
• Email us at Office@IronstoneHQ.com
• Call our office at 800-917-8020
• Connect with us: