Learn Common Mistakes You & Your Team May Be Making In Time Management
You are a fantastic multi-tasker! What used to be a benefit is now in the top 10 of common time management mistakes!
We listed it in our New Years Resolutions NOT to make- ”Do Not promise to multi-task”. To view our newsletter: http://eepurl.com/ilLek
Have you hired a new employee because they are great multi-tasker? Are you praising your office manager who is always busy doing five projects at once? The results of multitasking are documents and projects full of errors. Survey’s are showing that there is a sixty to eighty percent reduction in productivity levels and a lack of concentration when employees try to multi-task.
What other areas are eating away at your day without you even realizing it? Like many others, you have probably considered these to be assets to productivity, but in reality they are draining your employee and wasting time. Do you value the employee who:
- Has time to take on every project
- Thrives on busy
- Can never say “no”
- Gets a rush when they are busy or when the team is on overload
All of the above listed so-called qualities will lead to lower performance levels, lower team morale and stress in the firm. They are merely misleading you to believe that effective people are busy. The reality is that this busy addiction rarely means that you are effective and again leading to more stress in your firm.
Consider each of these so called assets in your employee a waste of time! Train yourself, your managers, and your team to re-evaluate their time management systems. Have everyone in the firm take a personal time-management quiz, and learn to slow down, focus, and provide quality instead of quantity.
Other areas that you will want to evaluate:
· How You Manage Distraction – employees can lose up to 2 hours a day from distractions
· Procrastination – if a task seems too big, dedicate a small time each day towards the task and complete the task over time.
· Scheduling Tasks – schedule low-energy work (like checking your email, returning calls, etc.) to the time of day when your energy level is at its’ lowest
· Goal Setting
· To-Do Lists
Time management really boils down to knowing how you can schedule your time effectively. Know what your daily priorities are and know your goals. By being aware of priorities and goals you will be able to create a schedule that is beneficial for you and your firm. The next quality to teach your current employees or to look for in a new hire is……time management skills.
Ironstone has several aides available for your firm in developing healthy, productive time management skills. Download our Time Management Survey Here! TimeManagement
We want to hear from you! What strategies are you using to improve your time-management skills?
- Email us at Office@IronstoneHQ.com
- Call our office at 800-917-8020
- Follow us on twitter @ https://twitter.com/#!/AndreaSchlapia
- Join us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IronstoneCommunications
- Connect with us on LinkedIn @ http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=29647364&trk=tab_pro
Follow us as we explore each of Ironstone’s Fundamental 4™!
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Operational Effectiveness
- The Human Element
You won’t want to miss our next in the series: The Human Element-Culture In Your Workplace: What Culture Are You Cultivating At Your Firm? Healthy or Toxic?