Women, as the more creative of the human species, can also be more resilient. Check out the successful creative strategies women learned when they failed a few times along the way.
1. Do guy stuff
- Kathryn Bigelow has taken a lot of criticism over the course of her career for doing action and violence. It works for her!
2. Work and family
- Today’s work culture is more sensitive to the needs of families. If you do not have flexible work options, show your boss the mounting research on flex options and increased productivity.
3. Seek empowering workplace cultures
- Bigelow was in the director’s chair. Workers who have more decision-making authority over their daily job functions are less susceptible to stress, burnout, and absenteeism.
4. Age and experience matter
- Women of a certain age are just moving into their own. Forget about ageism in Hollywood casting lineups: direct the movie and do the casting.
5. Working smart
- Long hours are not the way to the boardroom. Use your time wisely.
6. The engineer’s mindset
- The strong demand for women in fields such as engineering is re-engineering outdated mindsets. Keep in mind that today you have more power in the equation.
7. Quantify everything
- Women are at the top in sales for an important reason – performance is transparent and measured.
8. View other women as allies not adversaries
- Fight for each other.
9. Take the initiative
- Women still need to do more to get to the same place as men. Work smarter not harder. Be proactive. Look for opportunities to take anticipatory action.
10. Get up, brush yourself off, and start over again
- Sandra Bullock said it best in an Oscar acceptance speech, “Did I really earn this or did I just wear you all down?”
Ironstone’s vision is to forge and guide the personal and professional lives of entrepreneurs and business professionals alike to realize their full potential. Coaching and consulting allows us the opportunity to form an environment where success happens and goals are reached.
The foundation of our Performance Coaching and Consulting Programs are based on Ironstone’s Fundamental 4™, which is essential to design, develop, and sustain a successful business. Our ultimate goal is to help you avoid trial and error; shifting your mindset to launch your process of intentional change. [LEARN MORE]
To work with Ironstone or our affiliates, contact us at 1.800.917.8020, email us, complete our “contact us” form, or join the Ironstone – Financial Industry Professionals Practice Management Group on LinkedIn to start the collaboration.
Photo credit: ©Wavebreak Media/Getty Images/Thinkstock