A Capabilities Presentation-A Vital Piece In “Selling Your Firm.” Learn how to create your story and what to include!
Your aim in this endevour is to create a personalized package that outlines your client’s experiences as well as organizes and illustrates the components of your brand and service offerings.
A business card won’t cut it …. Tell Me A Story……
When a prospect or client wants to “see” what you do, you need to be prepared. By designing a “package” that outlines your brand or unique value proposition, you tell the story of your company and explain the service offerings that can fill the needs of your potential prospects. It is also an excellent resource that compliments your physical building, your stationary, your email signatures, and your web site.
Your capabilities presentation is more than a selling technique. You want to explain and show why a prospect should choose you rather than another firm. Your presentation, whether presented to a group verbally, emailed through power-point, or created on hardcopy and made into a professional folder should:
- Establish credibility
- Connect emotionally
- Reinforce your position
- Provide solutions that clients and prospects are looking for
Let’s look and understand the buying process: first people “buy” you. Secondly they “buy” your firm, third and finally, they “buy” your product and the investment for your product. The best way to start your capabilities presentation is to show the following:
- Your Process
- Investment Processes
- How You Communicate With Your Clients
- How You Keep Clients Informed Of Current Market Conditions
- A Historical Overview Of Your Company
- Types Of Products You Have Available
- Services That You Offer
- How You Educate Your Clients On Existing & New Services
- Your Company Vision & Mission
- Your Unique Value Proposition
And last but not least, include a Call To Action. Include a questionnaire that clients and potential prospects can complete or give them the option to schedule a follow-up meeting with your firm. Include the following questions:
- How do our values fit with your values?
- Have you had other experiences with companies like ours?
View your capabilities presentation as a key to continue in the sales process. You want to make your best impression, consider it a resume of your firm.
We recommend having a professional hard copy brochure or binder available that will “tell your story” as a supplement to your verbal presentation.
Contact us for assistance in following the proper steps needed for a successful capabilities presentation. If you are having a hard time taking these steps we can support you through the design and development of your presentation and brochure.
View the following examples of presentations that Ironstone has assisted with:
- Email us at Office@IronstoneHQ.com
- Call our office at 800-917-8020
- Follow us on twitter @ https://twitter.com/#!/AndreaSchlapia
- Join us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IronstoneCommunications
- Connect with us on LinkedIn @ http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=29647364&trk=tab_pro
Follow us as we explore each of Ironstone’s Fundamental 4™!
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Operational Effectiveness
- The Human Element
You won’t want to miss our next in the series: Operational Effectiveness-Staff Meetings