When was the last time you attended a productive meeting?
If it’s hard to remember, you’re not alone. Poor planning and preparation contribute to zero results and low returns on investment.
We find that many advisors and managers skip over holding staff meetings. While most staff meetings are usually described as boring, useless, and intimidating, they are an integral part of building the winning team.
Ironstone has several job aids available that can help you through the process of holding regular staff meetings. View Ironstone’s Meeting Agenda Template:
How can you improve your staff meetings?
Successful meetings will require the involvement of management before, during, and after the meeting.
· Before the Meeting to Ensure Effective Meetings
- Plan the Meeting
- Make Sure You Need a Meeting
- Distribute and Review Any Pre-work Prior to the Meeting
- During the Meeting, Ensure Appropriate Participation
- After the Meeting, Create an Effective Meeting Follow-up Plan
- Publish Meeting Minutes
- Review of the meeting for continuous improvement
If you are neglecting any one of these meeting management requirements, your meetings will result in productive time being wasted.
If you’re looking to improve communication within your firm, perhaps even increase efficiencies among staff, regular meetings are a good place to start. The key, however, is to begin scheduling the meetings for positive reasons, not negative ones. Other staff meeting tips you should keep in mind:
- Stay on track
- Add some fun
- Use incentives
Ironstone has designed a workshop that covers the what, why, and how to produce results through meetings.
You will define and create an action plan with the following aspects in mind:
Are they Necessary – desire vs. need, timewasters, alternatives, explore different types of meetings
Coordination & Preparation – before, during, and after
The Leadership Role – guiding your group towards the objectives
Information delivery & Enthusiastic Involvement – prepare the right kind of questions for the right kind of conversation
Control and conclusion – keep things on track, avoid deviation for speedy wrap-up
We want to hear from you! What are you doing to make your staff meetings successful?
- Email us at Office@IronstoneHQ.com
- Call our office at 800-917-8020
- Follow us on twitter @ https://twitter.com/#!/AndreaSchlapia
- Join us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IronstoneCommunications
- Connect with us on LinkedIn @ http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=29647364&trk=tab_pro
Follow us as we explore each of Ironstone’s Fundamental 4™!
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Operational Effectiveness
- The Human Element
You won’t want to miss our next in the series: The Human Element: Organizational Skills-Do You & Your Staff Hold The Key To Organization?